PQMethod Download Page for Windows Users
Current release is PQMethod 2.35 with PQROT 2.0 (10-Nov-2014)
- For Windows users the DOSBox installation is not required and not
recommended anymore. If you nevertheless want to keep to the DOSBox
version you find the patch files for upgrading on the Download Page for Mac Users.
For a complete list of changes see the file version.txt (as
downloaded with the package).
- All obstacles for smoothly running PQMethod and PQROT under 64bit Windows systems are eliminated.
- 27-06-2014: same version of PQROT (2.0, with alternative keys) as in Linux and DOS/Mac distributions
- 10-11-2014: (Windows version only:) Buglet concerning Date and Time in PQMethod output cleared.
- Current version of the PQManual
Download, Install and Run PQMethod for Windows
I have prepared now two different options for installing and running
PQMethod: (a) the traditional, and still recommended, version that
installs in the c:\pqmethod folder, and if that's not possible or not
allowed on your office computer, (b) installing PQMethod anywhere else.
(a) Installing PQMethod on the c: drive:
- Download and unzip the pqm235win.zip, and copy (drag & drop) the resulting folder PQMethod to your c: drive.
If you have installed a former version of PQMethod in c:\pqmethod\
already, my recommendation simply is to backup the existing folder by
- Copy the ready-made PQMethod_Shortcut (with yellow-Q icon) from your c:\PQMethod folder to your desktop
- PQMethod is started by double-clicking the yellow-Q desktop icon, and
then, as requested, entering the project name if the
related project files are in the c:\pqmethod\projects folder.
Alternatively, when project files are stored anywhere else, with drag&drop of one of the project files onto the Q icon.
(b) Installing PQMethod anywhere, e.g. on an USB-Stick or Flash Drive
- Download and unzip the pqm235win.zip, and copy (drag & drop) the resulting folder PQMethod to any drive (and directory).
- Start PQMethod by double-clicking the batch file
PQMethod_OnMyDrive.bat. This installation version does not provide
drag&drop functionality and project files must be in the projects subfolder.
Experienced IT users may find their own, preferred solution by adjusting the model .bat and .lnk files to their own needs.
Back to the QMethod Page
Peter Schmolck <Peter.Schmolck@web.de> 2014-November-11