PQMethod with DOSBox for Mac Users
Current release is PQMethod 2.35 for
DOS (2014-04-23) with PQROT 2.0 (2014-05-02)
* 2014-06-29: Thanks to Bob Braswell there
exists a complete PQMethod with DOSBox package for the Mac also,
see below 'Install directions'!
At first, find here the latest PQMethod for DOS version, for
users who know how to install it with DOSBox for themselves:
PQROT version 2.0 offers alternative key bindings for
function keys and certain of the special keys!
For a complete list of changes see the file version.txt (as
downloaded with the package).
- New in 2.35: Cleaned up options STATES and View
Files (now: VIEWLIST)
- New in 2.33: Minor bug that prevented deleting all zero
- New in 2.32: bugs introduced with 2.31
- New in 2.31: Additional data output format .tsv
- New in 2.30: Option of an alternative Centroid method
- New in 2.20: 'Exact' factor scores (á la SPSS)
- Current version of the PQManual (2014-Mar-26)
Install directions (complete
package with PQMethod version 2.35)
- Download PQMethod235_DOSBox.dmg.zip.
- Double-click the above which will extract
PQMethod235_DOSBox.dmg (16 MB on disk) and put it where you want
to keep it. You may want to then delete the zip file.
- Double-click PQMethod235_DosBox.dmg to mount it as a virtual
drive and display its icon named PQMethod220_DOSBox on the
- Double-click the PQMethod235_DOSBox icon to display its
contents. (Feel free to explore the contents before continuing.
It would be especially useful to locate the PQManual file.)
- If you don't have US
keyboard and character set:
- Open the file PQMETHOD/DOSBox/dosbox.conf
with TextEdit, and search for the command
in the [autoexec]-section near the end of the file. Change the
US to GR, FR, SP, NL, etc. for German, French, Spanish, Dutch,
etc. keyboard layout.
For details, e.g. about more exotic languages, see the DOSBox manual.
- Before running PQMethod for the first time it is strongly
recommended to open two instruction files :
- Double-click the RunPQMethod icon to start PQMethod
within the DOSBox emulator. A window will open with instructions
on what to type at the command prompt to start PQMethod with an
existing or new project.
- To end and close DOSBox after leaving PQMethod, enter
at the command prompt.
Additional information, tips and hints, etc.
- DOSBox has its own documentation sources, the readme.txt
in its application folder, and, on the web, its FAQ-Wiki. Described are
DOSBox features like screen capturing and even video capturing;
changing key bindings, etc.
- Switch between window and full screen with
Back to the QMethod Page
Peter Schmolck <Peter.Schmolck@web.de>